Set Your Hourly Rate
How to Pick a Price That's Fair To You and Your Clients (Without Undervaluing Your Services!)
Private Practice Consultant Reveals The Exact System She Uses to Help Clinicians Decide On Their Hourly Rate
Have you always wanted your own private practice but keep getting overwhelmed by the details?
Does the idea of not making a steady income keep you up at night?
Have you put off treating private clients because you have no idea what to charge for your services?
Worried that you might select a private therapy rate that is either too high (or too low) keep you up at night?
If any of these sound familiar - keep reading.
I totally understand. And it's not your fault!
You probably know that your clinical expertise is valuable and you can charge for your services.
You've probably looked all over the Internet, on Facebook and in professional forms to try to figure out what "the going rate" for speech therapy, occupational therapy or physical therapy in your area -
but you haven't been able to figure out what to charge.
That's okay. This is what I do, so help is on the way.
Ready to treat private clients - but not sure what to charge?
You're not alone. Whether you're in the "dreaming" stage of private practice or are ready to start treating, you need to figure out a starting place of what to charge (and a plan for when to increase your rate).
This course will help you understand everything that goes into setting your rate - in a way that is fair both to you AND your clients.
StartIntro & Course Workbook
StartUnderstand The Value of What You Do
StartYou Must Have an Area of Expertise
StartThe Secret to Deciding Which Services to Provide
StartHow Much Should You Actually Charge?
StartWhen You Should Adjust Your Prices
StartHourly Rate Calculator
StartAnnual Income Calculator
StartFREE Webinar - My 5 Step Process to Start a Private Practice
StartFree HIPAA Forms
The Course Includes Two Free Bonuses!
Two Financial Calculators to Decide on Your Numbers
- Use the Rate Calculator and Annual Salary Calculator as tools to help you decide what to charge
- $30 value (for free!)
- Comes with unlimited access to the calculators. Use it in the beginning of your private practice journey and then later stages of your private practice to help you adjust your rate as you gain more experience.
Printable Course Workbook to Help Keep You on Track
- Simply print out the Set Your Hourly Rate Course Workbook and use the questions and templates to guide you
- Helps you maximize your success in completing each module and build up to setting a final rate that works for you and your private practice
Jena H. Castro-Casbon, MS, CCC-SLP, is a private-practice consultant who has helped thousands of speech-language pathologists start and grow their own private practices through her company, The Independent Clinician. She has written articles for The ASHA Leader and Presented at ASHA Connect (2017).
Jena lives in Boston, MA and is a wife and mama to two young boys.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the course version of the ebook, which is no longer available. The content is very similar; no need to have both.
Yes! The course is fully responsive, and unlimited lifetime access is inclusive of any devices you own.
Get instant access immediately after purchase
Why is it so cheap...?
1. $19 puts it within the reach of the vast majority of most people. It's not too expensive for SLPs, OTs or PTs who might not be happy with their current level of disposable income and are trying to keep the cost of starting their private practice to a minimum.
2. Anyone who is serious about starting their private practice needs to make sure that they are charging an hourly fee that will keep the clients coming.
3. The Hourly Rate and Annual Salary Calculators cost quite a bit to have custom made and I want to recoup some of the costs
If you're thinking, "$19, that's so cheap! What's the catch?" then I want you to think about what is the minimum investment that you can make in yourself to get over the hurdle of starting your own business.
So if you're serious about treating your own private clients and you need some advice on setting your private therapy rate, then click the "Enroll In Course" button below.
If you need to justify the expense, think about how much it will cost you to charge too little (and miss out on income) or too much (and have no one hire you.)